Recently, Microsoft released a feature that allows creating a Calendar modern view. Any list and library can use this view to display the content as a calendar view.
The SharePoint events list still exist on the modern sites but do not have this modern view by default.
In this post, we will see how to create a modern calendar view by default for your SharePoint events list.
Force New Experience of the List Views
To allow to create a new modern view, it is necessary to force the new experience of the list view; because even if you change the classic calendar view by "All items" the experience is still in classic mode.
- Go to your Events List parameters
- From Site contents
- List content
- Click on Advanced Settings
- At the bottom of the page, select New experience
- Then click OK
Create the New Calendar View
- Go to your Events List
- From the SharePoint Ruban, select the Calendar tab
- Change the view by the All Events
You should see the new experience list view
- From the SharePoint Command Bar, click on the All Events view button
- Click on Create new view
- Define the name of the view like Modern Calendar (calendar name is already used by the classic view)
- Click on the Calendar button
- Select Start Date and End Date
- Then, click on Create
- Define the modern calendar view as default
Hoping this post will help you 😉